Sunday, January 23, 2011

Collette Wylie: Up and Coming Model

Special Feature
By: Bridgett, TREND Staff Writer
Collette Wylie, 15, started modeling when she was 13 and has already produced photos that are used in well known stores such Charlotte Russe and Kohl's. Collette resides in my small hometown in Northern California, and she is a down to earth, all-around American girl.

Following a small sample of her diverse portfolio, there is a brief Q&A session I had with the up and coming young model.





Q: When did you first think "I'd like to model"?

A: I was 13 and in Jamba Juice with my dad and this woman came up to me and said, "You should be a model, you are so pretty!" She seemed genuine about it so I just thought..."maybe."

Q: How did you get started?

A: My mom went on the internet and surfed through some local agencies. But she has a real skill for filtering out the scammers. Never, under any circumstance, PAY for anything in the beginning unless it's a vital test shoot to start your portfolio.

Q: How does it feel to see your pictures at the stores (Kohl's)?

A: It's pretty flattering! I'm usually not the one that sees them first. Some classmates will call me and say, "Oh my gosh! You're at Kohls(Claires/Charlotte Russe,etc.)! It's pretty awesome!

Q: Do many people know that you model (at your school)?

A: I think just about everybody does! Only because my pictures are at local department stores and also I'll sometimes post a modeling shot as my profile picture on facebook. Or sometimes people will just ask.

Q: What was your first shoot?

A: My first shoot was Nuskin. It was in Malibu at this multi-million dollar beach house. I met some really nice models that were much older than I was at the time. That was a great push in the right direction and it gave me lots of confidence.

Q: How long do you plan on modeling and who are you signed with?

A: I'm signed with Ford Models INC. in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York when I turn 16. I plan to model as long as possible! But I will definitely put it aside during college. Education is always first.

Q: What do you eventually want to be (estimate) when you finish college or whatever you want to do?

I want to do something with animals whether it's biology, conservation, medicine, etc. My dream is to be the female version of Jeff Corwin and have my own informative show once a week where I travel and talk about wildlife and conservation. Hopefully the modeling money will help out with getting it kicked off!

No comments:

Post a Comment