Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wednesday Featured Fashion: Garden Party




Name
: Kayla
College: Sixth
Year: 1st
Major: Sociology
Spotted At: Sixth College Res Halls

Outfit:
Light Purple Cardigan: Uniqlo
Floral Romper: Korea
Polka Dot Bow: Etsy
Black Combat Boots: store in Melrose
Glasses: Cotton On

Q: How would you describe your fashion?
A: I would describe my style as feminine and comfortable. I just wear whatever that comes to mind that day so I don't really have a style. I just wear a mixture of all types of trends and whatever suits my taste that day.
Q: What is your favorite piece you are wearing?
A: I really like my bow because I love the polka dot print right now and it made my outfit look really feminine.
Q: What's your favorite thing about spring?
A: My favorite thing about spring is that I can finally wear pretty floral dresses and mix it with other prints.

Kayla's outfit is a perfect transition from the cold, dreary weather of winter quarter to the warm, light breezes of spring quarter. She paired a floral romper, which perfectly emulates the season's aura, with combat boots to tone down the sometimes overdone floral prints. Kayla also has used the trend of mixing/matching prints, done so with her floral and polka dots, and has successfully matched them together without clashing.

Suggestion: Spring is the perfect time to bring out your soft-toned cardigans, as Kayla did, and pair it with floral prints. It is also a really big trend this season to mix/match various types of prints so don't be afraid to try out new styles!

No comments:

Post a Comment