Monday, May 9, 2011

Girly But Still Keepin' It Sophisticated




Name
: Gatwiri
College: Marshall
Year: 4th
Major: Psychology/Pre-Med
Spotted
At: Center Hall

Outfit:
Navy Blazer: Sears
Cheetah Print Blouse: boutique in Pacific Beach
Leather flats: Marshalls
Gold key earrings: Charlotte Russe

Q: How would you describe your fashion?
A: I would describe my style as going against the trend. I try to look effortlessly cute, like I didn't try hard to put my outfit together when in actuality, I did. I like wearing different textures like how I'm wearing a linen blazer with patent leather flats. I also wear clothing that compliments my body.
Q: What is your favorite piece you are wearing?
A: My favorite piece is the blouse. I like leopard prints. They are more like the early 90s look and this print is so colorful.
Q: What is your favorite thing about spring?
A: I love the colors of spring, like the light neutral colors but also the deep hues of bright colors like yellow!

Gatwiri successfully paired a blazer with a blouse without looking too professional. This kind of look is serious enough for work but also playful and casual enough for school. The even mixture of the sophisticated blazer and girly blouse makes for a perfect combination!

Suggestion:
When you want to tone down a colorful, loud blouse and want to go for a more sophisticated look, pairing it with a blazer is the way to go. Blazers always add the finishing touch to an outfit and give more variety when it comes to the styles and textures of the clothing you are wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment